Monday, April 18, 2005

Untitled

Writing music can be lots of fun. It’s an exciting journey. Especially when you’re writing with 2 of your closest buddies.

So the journey began on Saturday night. Sree our unofficial sound engineer brought his ProTools and ibook for recording. It was amazing to see how technology has advanced, my jaw just dropped at every capability of this recording software. Well maybe it’s just me coming out of my hut.

We started off recording our old material. Damn, after just one week, I forgot my bass lines to our ‘Sunrise’ song. We were at loggerheads on this song. So we decided to continue with the next song.

Then Josh whipped out his notepad with frustration and started belting out his original tune. Julian on the other hand was constantly bombarded with orders from Josh to write a bridge. Julian the ‘emo’ one, couldn’t handle Josh’s military style and erupted like a PMSing b***tch. Then all hell broke loose. But the ironic part was that it wasn’t scary. It was funny. 2 big, overweight adults behaving like 5-year olds can be quite a scene. It certainly was to me.

But after a while, the tension eased. From b***tches we morphed back into mature adults. We continued recording. One by one, we fed our parts into the ibook under the watchful eyes of Sree. This continued till 6am. I fell asleep on the couch by then. Even with all the noise, I’m amazed at how I managed to doze off. Damn, could this be an indication the song was that bad? hahahhahahhahha....

Everything ended at about 7 am. I was surprised to see the sun when I woke up. We then heard the last recording one final time. It was rough and raw. But it certainly was a small step to better songwriting, and one giant leap to 11th Hour. A demo is in the pipeline. And if everything goes well without sudden bursts of erupting PMSing, it could be on the airwaves soon. We hope. Till then, 11th Hour’s story is untitled.

1 Comments:

Blogger kevinvijaya said...

Let you listen one shot la....

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home